Saturday, December 13, 2008

The latest from Amzie


We are constantly laughing about things 4-year-old Amzie says. Here are some of her recent sayings.


-A few days ago she was rubbing her eye and looked up at me and said, "Mom, I have something in my eye. I think it's a molecule."


-She drew a puppet the other day complete with googly eyes and brains. When grandma came over she showed it to her. Grandma asked why it only had one ear. Amzie replied in a "duh" voice, "Because he's looking to the side!"


- When we were at the great grandparents for Thanksgiving someone asked her something. She had a book on her lap, opened it, pointed to something on the page and said "Well, according to this..."
- Last night she got in trouble and was sent to the corner. After she got out I was talking to her about why she went to the corner. I asked her why she did what she did. "I don't know," she said so I asked again why she did it. In her best sobbing voice she said "Because I lost my mind!" (How do you stay stern and serious when they say something like that?)

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

I don't think you could have gotten a better picture for this post!

lelu said...

Oh, Amzie! I don't even know what to say...Good luck with that girl!

Anonymous said...

Honestly, where does she come up with this stuff? My kids are definitely not that funny. I must say I never have to put them in the corner though...funny or well-behaved, I'd probably take funny.
Jen B

Emily said...

I get the "I don't know" excuse all the time. I much perfer "I lost my mind." What a cute and funny girl. Is Even catching on yet?

It's a great life! said...

"According to this" you have a very funny child. I think she must have heard that one from one of her grown-ups.

Tiff Rudd said...

Love that girl!! That is exactly one of the reasons I love my job! She is such a smart and fun little girl! Hope you guys had a great Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

sometimes i like to go back and look at all the posts and this one makes me laugh out loud every time. she's hilarious.