Monday, November 10, 2008

Finally...Halloween

Besides the fact that it was crazy getting ready for Super Saturday, I'm having problems with my camera and my computer. Well, finally here are our Halloween pictures. I knew the day would come, and it did, that Amzie would want to be a princess. Here are her "princess preparations" the night before.
I decided to put my sewing skills to the test and make Amzie's dress. I had previously only made purses, bags, and other simple things that don't require much skill. Sewing a dress is on a whole other level. I probably finished 70% off the dress before I headed to my mom's house for help with sleeves, zipper, and hem. Thanks Mom! Anyways, it was fun and I think it turned out well and she was such a pretty princess, but I don't think I'll ever put that much work into a costume again. Maybe she'll have sisters that will wear it too!


The pink princess was off to preschool and it was time to work on Evan's costume, finally. He was an old-timey golfer. I thought it would be easy. I just had to make knickers, a hat, and a tie. The tie was easy. The knickers were easy, even though they turned out a little too tight, they worked. The hat had me baffled! After 2 hats and 3 or 4 tries, I finally figured out something that worked. My family left for the Halloween party at church without me while I finished the hat. When I got there, Evan wouldn't even wear it. Go figure. At least he wore it in the pictures for me.


What a cutie! I thought I'd better take the opportunity to dress him up how I wanted to because this might be the last Halloween I have that privelege!

7 comments:

The Bohne's said...

Cute costumes! Cute kids! I am impressed that you can sew. My level of sewing is calling someone to help me.

Anonymous said...

So So So cute!!! I was so impressed with you sewing skills!

Carolyn said...

Yes, I am impressed too! You are amazing! I love them both. Ava is sitting here next to me and will not let me do anything else but look at "Evan" and "Amzie"!

Josh n Betsie said...

Wow you did AWESOME MAR! Your kids are so cute and Amzie totally reminds me of my niece who I miss so much.

The Hoopers said...

So Cute!

Emily said...

Good job on the princess dress! and I do hope Amzie has sisters to wear it. All that work for one Halloween? Tragic!

Tiff Rudd said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!! Seriously, I was so impressed with both the costumes! They turned out fantastic! The dress fit Amzie's personality perfectly!