J.Paul's school had a formal last weekend. I wasn't able to go last year, but I heard it really wasn't a "formal", guys wear just a button-up shirt and tie. After making a few trips dress-shopping and buying four dresses, I ended up choosing the least-dressy one. It was the one that I felt most comfortable in. I dressed it up a little more with some black sparkly jewelry, my black strappy sandals, and I was good to go. We had a fun night out. We went to a restaurant called Encore in the Peabody Place. It was really yummy and I recommend it for a special occasion or if you just want to eat downtown. Then we headed off to the dance. We walked into the dance and that's when I started feeling a little uncomfortable. I was definitely underdressed.
It reminds me of a time...
I was a freshman in college. In Cedar City there was one little club that we, of course, frequented. One night they had Retro Night. Carolyn had this cute, all white sparkly leisure suit-type outfit that I wore that night. We walked into the club and were meeting up with friends, talking, hanging out, when a girl we knew walked up and whispered to me to look down. I looked down at myself and, in horror, realized that you could see straight through this white outfit. There were black lights in the club and basically it just looked like I was standing there in my bra and underwear. Underdressed? Understatement. Luckily my roomie Heidi was nice enough to hand her car keys off to me so I could go home and change, and sulk. Yeah, it's funny now.
(unfortunately I don't have pictures of either event, or maybe it's not so unfortunate)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am sad that you don't have any pictures. Is JPaul done with school for the summmer or does he just have a couple week break? Jen
Jenn - J.Paul gets done May 16 and doesn't have to go back until the Monday after July 4
Post a Comment