Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mitford


Have any of you ever read the "Mitford" series books? I always had an aversion to these books for 3 reasons. (In order of importance)

1. Blue haired women carrying canvas bags reading "I'd rather be in Mitford".

2. It's a series.

3. Premis- the life of a priest living in a picturesque town in West Virginia, or maybe it's North Carolina.

Pretty good reasons, huh? Well, I must say that I am now in the second book of the series and I'm really enjoying it. I think it's because it's unlike the books I usually choose so it's nice to just read a simple story. It's also quite uplifting (hello, it's all about a priest). Anyways, I'd recommend the Mitford books, even if you don't have blue hair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never even heard of these books...I am hoping that I will get to read "A Thousand Splendid Suns" (I am looking at it now on my bookshelf) if I ever have a spare few days. I really loved "Kite runner", by the same author. Maybe you can take your series on vacation with you. This is Jen.