Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Goodbye, golden bull




Our car, the 1997 gold Taurus has gone the way of all the earth. I'll have to say I'm sad, but not really about that particular car (it was ugly, stinky, the heat didn't work, neither did the tape deck or cigarette lighter so you couldn't listen to ipod, etc.), but just that we have to now fork out the money for a new one. The good news: President Bush gave government employees a 3% raise this year. Thank you, Mr. President! When we made our budget at the beginning of the year, we didn't know about this raise, and therefore didn't factor it in. Meaning, this little 3% will cover our new car note. Now you may be thinking, how do you get a raise when you don't have a job? I must say THANK YOU also to the U.S. Navy for paying J.Paul to go to school. We have absolutely loved this program so far. Especially when J.Paul is on break from school. We'll be at the park, swimming, sleeping in, whatever and J.Paul will look at me, smile, and say, "I'm getting paid right now". God bless America, oh and that car we will be purchasing that it will not break down ever or need lots of repairs, please. Amen.

2 comments:

The Hoopers said...

we had to take the Accord to the shop yesterday. ugh. alternator out and motor mounts broken. It broke down on me driving back from OG as I was pulling into my driveway. How lucky I wasn't all the way out there.

Marlena said...

Glad you made it home safely. I hope it doesn't cost a fortune.