Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Happy Birthday J.Paul

I have always loved J.Paul. At first it wasn't romantic "I'm in love with you" love, but he is a very lovable person. After knowing him for a little over a year and getting over the fact that he is 3 years younger than me, I realized it started being the romantic kind. One night we were hanging out at his house and he kissed me. The rest, as they say, is history.

Not long after we were married we went to a couples halloween party. We played a game kind of like the newlywed game. We didn't know many people there since we had recently moved into the ward. In the newlywed game, a question is asked and both husband and wife have to write down the answer. The question was asked "How many dates did you go on before you had your first kiss?" Well, of course, the answer was zero, so that's what I wrote without a second thought. After all the BYU blind date/singles ward/FHE group stories, when it came to my turn and I revealed my answer, you should have seen the looks we got. I lamely tried to explain, but to no avail. But we did it the right way, being friends first.

J.Paul is my best friend and I love him.


Happy Birthday, J.Paul!

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Happy Birthday J Paul! Yeah, I know what you mean in that he is a lovable guy!... I mean he totally remodels a mean fireplace!

Does J Paul know your kissing history? I mean just from college alone...

Carolyn said...

...because since when do you have to go on a date with a guy just to kiss him!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday J.Paul! It is very evident that Mar loves you very much...I guess I'd love you that much too if you built things for me. Very smart. Never quit building...oh, and kissing because Mar likes that too. Loved the story, have never heard it. This is Jen.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mar, thanks for loving my son, the smoocher.

Amanda said...

hey, that's a great story. Thanks for sharing!