Monday, August 11, 2008

Young Again

First let me explain something. I love music. And I love going to concerts. Looking back to the college years there were a lot of concerts or shows - in Salt Lake, Las Vegas, here. Lots of bands to be seen and fun to be had. Then I went on a mission and got home and got married 6 months later. Then kids came along. Concerts became non-existent. So imagine my sheer joy last week to go to 2 concerts in 1 week! Saturday night we went to see Dave Matthews Band. It was my fourth time to see them and probably my last. It was a great time (thank you Shauna and others) but 65 bucks a ticket for a band that was so far away they were almost in another zip code wasn't worth it. See, I am getting old. But we really did have a great time and it was hot but not oppressive (but pretty nasty seeing the woman in front of us mopping her husbands sweat and running her hands through his wet, sweaty hair). My fav. songs were Two Step and #41. And even though I couldn't really see the actual band members they were still fun to watch on the big screen. Those guys can rock! And have so much fun doing it.



The next Thursday we went to see Paramore at Mud Island. Openers were Paper Route, Phantom Planet, Jack's Mannequin. Oh, and Jack's Mannequin? a-maz-ing. The singer was singing, playing piano and dancing all at the same time. Impossible you say? He can prove you wrong. He was rocking out! I enjoyed them as much or more than Paramore. But of course Paramore was awesome. That girl has a work out when she performs! It was a perfect night for a concert. It had rained all day and felt great out. We had fun with Reed and Amber (bet you guys didn't know Amber is quite the rocker herself. Go Amber!)

On top of all this fun, I also had a great time with the girls at GNO eating out and going to Breaking Dawn release (which I finally finished last night) and going down to Georgia to visit my sister for a few days. So that's why I haven't posted in a while. I've been too busy having fun!

3 comments:

Kara said...

Hi, Sorry this is kind of random! I stumbled upon your blog by accident but I saw that your husband is in dental school here in TN. We just moved from Idaho falls and my husband just started dental school here. He is actually from TN so that is one of the main reasons we came here. Anyway I just thought I would say hi!

Tiff Rudd said...

Adam and I are music/concert fans too...so we are totally jealous! Sounds like a very fun week! What did you think of Breaking Dawn? Can't wait to chat with you about it! Amzie was wonderful today - I'm so excited to have her in class this year!

Anonymous said...

Hi cousin! I've been missing your frequent updates; now I understand, you were playing teenager! Sounds like lots of fun. -Cousin Lisa